Friday, October 28, 2011
Updates on what's happening in Bologna.
Use #ecat to search for our Twitterings.
- Not everything went well (the usual [leaking] gaskets, the self-sustaining reaction that was in danger of runaway, etc), but 470kWh (even if not 1 MWh) without input power (excluding that of water pumps) couldn't leave room for doubts.
- PESNetwork PES Network, Inc.
Q&A just finished; reading of results; 470 kW maintained continuously
during self-sustain; customer satisfied; sale made; more later.
- Thanks to Clanzer for the info - Update from Sterling around 1:30pm GMTI just got back from my turn. I was able to shoot a few pictures and take some video. The reason for the embargo on taking photos was personnel reasons. They don't want the engineers and testers to be shown, to keep them confidential. The company doing the testing does not wish to be known at this time. A quick comment from the AP writer who is here. The lack of coverage from the mainstream media is not due to lack of interest but from the lack of cooperation from Andrea Rossi. He has turned a lot of media away who have wanted to come in. The AP writer has gained Rossi's trust over time, and hence was invited to be here today.Rossi will be sending us all the data this evening.Wish I could say more, but it will have to wait. Great day so far.
- Chevron and MIT just visited the blog. To what do we owe this honour?
- We just heard that they got served a buffet at the test. Lot's of eating, but no real info yet. No news is good news etc
- Daniele Passerini Tweet: "AP has the exclusive of the day, a troupe of TG2 that was presented was sent away for this reason." Yes, I don't know what this means either - gotta love Google Translate, isn't it marvelous! Reading between the lines it looks like AP has the exclusive. AP is a newswire service, so it all depends WHO picks up the story? Could go either way, fingers crossed.
- CBS New York just visited this blog - why don't you have a reporter there? Is there something more important happening today - Is Gaga having her legs waxed?
- Ninth wave of the Mayan Calender ends today as Cold Fusion reactor begins. Coincidence? You decide.
- Sterling Allan (Peskiki): "I'm here at the 1 MW test. They asked us not to report until after the test. Waiting my turn to go see."
- Why does Krivit keep calling Rossi a promoter? Why not just come out and say "You know what guys, I just don't like him"? Strange.
- Rossilivecat takes the effort out of wading through rossi's Blog. It tracks Rossi's comments in a bold orange colour. Should probably say hello to my friend Eric at this moment as he is the programming expert behind the site.
- Steven Krivit has been very calculated in his timing of his latest Rossi "hit-piece". His blogpost is entitled " Extraordinary Scams Require Extraordinary Claims. Well, we might also say to that - "Extraordinary Accusations Require Extraordinary Proof". He calls the Ecat an "electric tea-kettle" and then claims that Rossi pinched the tech from Francisco Piantelli. Krivit also pays homage to Piantelli because Piantelli prefers peer review by the old boys network to engineering and commercialization. What is it with establishment toadying? The Establishment has SUPRESSED these technologies for decades. Rossi is right. Build it and if it works then people will buy it.
- Apparently AP (Associated Press) are flying a reporter in to cover the event, but where are FOX, CNBC, BBC, Reuters, NBC, CNN and all the rest of the major media?