Friday, December 2, 2011
In an interview with Ny Teknik, Alexandros Xanthoulis, representing the owners of Defkalion, stated that:
- Defkalion started to think of developing its own technology in July 2011
- 12 Hyperion prototypes are now running.
- The factory of 11,000 square meters in Xanthia will be ready in four months.
- The Defkalion lab will be transferred to a 2,500 square meter lab at the Xanthia location in a few weeks.
- 19 license agreements have been made.
- No money has yet been transfered. Interested companies will pay 500,000 Euros in an escrow account before testing a final product. Half of the license fee of 40.5 million Euros should be be paid at delivery of know-how, and the remaining part after ten days of operation of a factory producing Hyperion products.
- 27 scientists work in-house at Defkalion
- A total of 40 people are employed at Defkalion.
Xanthoulis gave no further information on verification of the core technology, except that it will be made by third parties later this year.
Source: NY Teknik