eCat Domains: "No Comment"

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ecat.com and e-cat.com

A few weeks ago the domain e-cat.com was changed to point to the Kleiner Perkins Caulfield and Byers website - more specifically, the part of their business that invests in new Green Technologies. Just 48 hours ago the similarly named ecat.com domain also went live with a teasing video about steam.
A few days ago (and not knowing for sure) we dared to speculate that Rossi's US partner is in fact Kleiner Perkins (see this report). I emailed KPCBs Greentech Dept and was not the least bit surprised to find that my email was ignored.  I also made efforts to correspond through their Facebook Page - again, there seemed to be no-one at home over at Kleiner Perkins - very strange I thought.

Yesterday I wrote and asked Andrea Rossi if he or his group had any connection with either the e-cat.com or ecat.com domains in order that the speculation ends.

My comment appeared to be "awaiting moderation" when I checked yesterday. Today however, a stack of new comments appeared and mine was not one of them.

So what happened to it?  There is an outside chance that it went into the spam folder on his blog, but my guess is that Rossi's group / partner firm owns at least one or maybe both of the domains and perhaps understandably, they do not want to give anything away right now.

Perhaps the partner firm is indeed KPCB?  If it turns out that it is not KPCB then it is at least rumored to be a company of quite some standing anyway. We should know by the end of October if not sooner.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

Be wary of who you partner with Mr. Rossi. I do not view this as good news. Stick with the Swedes you are working with.

Post a Comment

Contact

Contact me at mailto:contact@overunity.co

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP